“Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.” -Proverbs 3:6

Thursday, June 7, 2012

The smell of plastic

I know everyone knows this already.. but pinterest is the most genius thing. ever. Really. After being out of school for 2 weeks, (1 being on vacation) I am completely and totally bored. The kids and I have played every game, used up all the sidewalk chalk, and played outside in the water until we are immune to tanning now.
So to pinterest I went. I found some fun things to do, made me a list, and headed to Wal-Mart for supplies. I came home with plenty of stuff to keep up busy for the next few days. (I hope.)

Tonight, I made these:


take pony beads. lay them flat in a pan (no need to flour or butter)


bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes. yes, your house will smell
like burning plastic, but it's not as strong as you think.


after a few minutes, they started to look like Trix cereal!


Take them out after 10 minutes. It cools and hardens almost instantly.


Pop it out and viola! I put a washer in the top of mine
so it wouldn't melt so I could put some ribbon in it.


Ta da! How fun!


So then we made some little ones to give as happies or
use for birthday parties... I'm still deciding what to do with them.
These I didn't put any washers. I am going to drill tiny holes
in them and put ribbon in. 



This one was all sorts of beads and shapes. It has a lot of clear in it
so it catches light pretty!


I started doing color schemes to see what looked the best..
This one was pink and grey.


Blue and pink.


Orange and Green.


Pink and Grey/Blue.


Multi.


Up against the light!


I have one hanging outside already. I have to drill holes in all the others and then see what to do with them!

Right now... I'm baking. Oreo Poke Cake and these yummy things:


They smell SO good right now. There isn't a name for them yet.. Recipe to follow! :)

I'm off to finish baking and making pinterest projects! I plan on painting today and letting the kids paint outside. I bought these magnet ceramic paint things last night for them to do. We have a ballgame tonight, and then we have Life Group in Aberdeen. Happy Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment