“Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.” -Proverbs 3:6

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Menu Planning- Weeks 2 and 3

I know, I'm late.. again. Sorry! I've been busy.. as usual. So, here are weeks 2 and 3 for my menu for the month. I will be doing my menu for February next weekend and writing my grocery list. It takes me a while to write out my list and get it just right (so I don't have to go back to the store.) I DID have to go to the store on Sunday ( I know, GAH!) I ran out of butter ( I'm not sure how) and sugar over the weekend.. and I cook so much from scratch, I HAD to have those items. So to Kroger I went after church. And I ONLY bought those two items. Yep. I'm serious about this stuff, y'all! :)

Week 2 - January 12-January 18

Sunday- Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells (these are delicious!) or just Tacos and Mexican Rice (I use Lipton)
Monday- Manicotti and Breadsticks (I get the 12 pack of fresh breadsticks from Wal Mart and freeze them) (and on the Manicotti, don't cook the noodles first; it saves time and they cook fine in the oven when baking)
Tuesday- Parmesan Broiled Tilapia, Red Potatoes, and Broccoli/Cheese (just broccoli cooked with velveeta melted over it)
Wednesday- Crockpot Chili and Cornbread (homemade recipe at the bottom) (cornbread is jiffy mix)
Thursday- Breakfast (the kiddos picked waffles and fruit for tonight) (usually we eat sausage, biscuits, bacon, eggs...)
Friday- Tuna Cakes, Carrots, and Pasta Salad (kraft pasta salad)
Saturday- Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Bell Peppers (this is for just D and I tonight) and Wild Rice (Uncle Ben's long grain and wild rice)

Homemade Chili:

1 pound ground chuck (I use ground round or turkey meat) cooked
1 onion, chopped and cooked with meat
1 can diced tomatoes (I use canned tomatoes from the garden)
I can tomato sauce
1 cans tomato paste (1 if you like it more soupy)
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 cup water
chili power, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper to taste (we like it HOT)

Dump everything into the crock pot and cook on low for 8 or more hours. I always cook this on a Wednesday when I work until after 4 and it's SO good...

Week 3: January 19- January 25

Sunday- Waffles and Fruit (we will probably have leftovers or sandwiches)
Monday- Red and White Pasta, Salad, and Breadsticks (I usually add meat to this pasta dish)
Tuesday- BBQ Chicken Sliders, Baked Beans, and Chips
Wednesday- Crawfish and Corn Chowder (this is SOOOOO good, FOR REAL. I add 1 bag of frozen shrimp, too with the rest of the recipe. It's SO good.)
Thursday- Hamburgers and Fries (I make homemade fries, but you can just get a bag of frozen)
Friday- Steak Fingers with Gravy, Mashed Potatoes (I make homemade potatoes,) and Corn on the Cob (Kyler's favorite meal)
Saturday- Baked Chicken Drumsticks (just drumsticks covered in BBQ sauce and baked for about an hour), Green Bean Rolls (whole green beans rolled with bacon and drizzled with Italian dressing), and Mac and Cheese (either box or homemade)

Only 1 more week in January!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment