“Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.” -Proverbs 3:6

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Catch Up

I know. I know. Almost a month again.
Maybe it's my new thing. Waiting about a month to make
a new blog. And no, I don't have any spectacular
news to share or talk about how busy I have been. Just life.

In recent news... we've been to the Pumpkin Patch (the now FAMOUS 
one that is about 2 seconds from my house), the Buffalo Park with
Kyler's class, I went on a field trip with my kiddos at school, had
a couple of fabulous days with my BFF, Micaa, and I went to the Extraodinary
Women conference over the weekend! 

Ok. Pumpkin Patch. It's a yearly tradition around these parts. People
come from all over just to come our little pumpkin patch. To take
pictures. To have birthday parties. To just hang out. And to get the
biggest and prettiest pumpkins around! It's always a blast and they
make it bigger and better every year! Check them out. They are called
Country Pumpkins. Really awesome!

2008:
2009:
2010:


 
2011:










Then we went to the Buffalo Park with Kyler's class. Another
yearly tradition. Here we are in 2010:
And this year, 2011:
 Kyler's class riding on the trolley!
 Roos!
 H feeding the giraffe, Tall Boy.
 HEY Sunshine!
 Love my girl!
 Pickin' out his pumpkin.
 like brother like sister.
 posin'.

This weekend was the Extraordinary Women's Conference
in Tupelo. Funny story on how I ended up going. I was
going to buy my ticket a couple of weeks ago (they were $60)
and decided not to. Just needed that $60 for other things,
ya know.. like bills. and gas. and bills. Anyways... I hadn't
thought that much about it, but I prayed that if God wanted me
to go, there would be a way for me to go. Well, just this
past Wednesday, my BFF, Micaa, texted me and asked if I still
wanted to go. The conference people were GIVING AWAY 500 
tickets to the first 500 people who responded in certain length of time!
How divine is that! So, obviously, she e-mailed them about it, and they
sent a ticket! She forwarded it to me, and WHA LA! I get to go to the
conference! For FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
(Watch Bedtime Stories if you haven't already and you'll know why I said it like that.)
So, we had a fantabulous time today in Tupelo. Sat in the conference and
had lunch at Las Margaritas, minus the margaritas. 
We got to hear many awesome speakers, including Lysa Terkerust
who does Proverbs 31 Ministries on KLOVE and other blogs, and the best
speaker of the day, Governor Sarah Palin. She knows what she's talking about!
Let me tell you, I nodded at everything that woman had to say today.
She is so intelligent, grounded, and compassionate for the people of our country.
She is definitely a firecracker and one to watch for in the near future!!!

So, that's about all that has been going on around here. Kyler is learning
a lot in school and loves to tell us the new Bible verses and stories each week.
Harper thinks she is about 14 and is the boss at home and school. Me and D,
well we work and work and work and work. And when the time comes, we sleep.
Life is going by, and we are trying to live it up while we can! 

Until next time... in about a month! (HA. I will try to do better!)

No comments:

Post a Comment