“Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.” -Proverbs 3:6

Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 6: Dinner

This is an easy one! And yummy, too! I made homemade chili and cornbread for dinner tonight! It is so so so good! :) It really is a homemade recipe, and I added and tweaked it to make it my own. I let mine sit for a while, too so it can soak up all the juices and spices. I didn't take a picture of it... and it's all gone now, but this is real close to what it looks like:
 

Here's the recipe for Homemade Chili:

1 pound  ground chuck (or turkey) we use turkey
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 can diced tomatoes ( I use the "zesty chili blend" kind)
1/2 can tomato sauce (or paste, however thick you like it)
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
1/2 can corn (optional)
cayenne pepper, to taste (I use A LOT)
chili powder, to taste (ditto)
salt, pepper, to taste
 1 cup water (I use about 1/2 cup to thicken it up)

Cook meat, bell pepper, and onion in sauce pan until brown. Drain. Mix all other ingredients in large pot on high heat. Add cooked meat, pepper, and onion to other mix. Add spices to taste. Let it get to a rolling boil, then turn it down on low heat and cover. Let is sit for about 20-25 minutes, until it starts to get thick. Add sour cream and shredded cheese on top (to make it look all fancy, y'all) Make your favorite cornbread recipe to go with it! 

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment